What's happening at Viking
LOPPET: Results. (Feb. 8)
ADULT LESSONS: for Viking members. Will start Saturday (not Sunday, as originally advertised), January 30, at 1 p.m. and will continue the following two Saturdays, February 6 and 13. Instructor is Gilles Saulnier, a CANSI Level 2 instructor. Courses will be adjusted to participants' ability. Cost is $75 for the 3 one-hour (plus) sessions. Email Gilles or Gordon Cohen if you would like to join the group. (Or phone Gilles at 450-226-8576 or 450-530-5989.) We have room for two or three more people.
PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE: Go here for Grant McKenna’s December message.
• Go here for Pierre’s track-setting report.
• Go here for conditions in the Laurentians (Site is run by Guy Thibaudeau and updated frequently.)
• Go here for the RSFL site - consult the Viking section, which a Viking member updates regularly.
• Go here for Morin-Heights trails.
• Go here for the Trail Conditions section of the Viking forum. You can read without logging in. Instructions if you want to post or reply.
WHEN SKIING ON MORIN-HEIGHTS TRAILS... be sure you always have your Viking membership card visible. If you don't have your card, you will be asked to buy a day ticket. Your card should be in a plastic sleeve (for protection from snow etc.) or plasticized. If you wish, you can have your card plasticized for $1 at the new cross-country ski centre, Chalet Bellevue, 27 rue Bellevue (the street just past the Aerobic Corridor). Also, if you wish, you can include a photo. (Jan. 13)
PATROLLERS ON VIKING TRAILS: Don't be surprised if this season you encounter a patroller on Viking trails. Board members, and others closely involved with our trails, will be wearing a special armband that identifies them and shows they're available to give directions, answer questions - and sell day tickets to non-members. (Jan. 13)
SNOWSHOE TRAILS: Chris Teron has GPSed and marked the snowshoe trails behind the clubhouse – with help from Don Hetherington, Louisa Teron and Benita Stoyel. Don is the director responsible for the snowshoe network and will oversee the maintenance of these trails, which have been somewhat neglected in the past few years. (Nov. 22)
HOUSE FOR SALE: by Viking member. Go here. (Jan. 20)
KARL BAADSVIK FUND: What is it? How can it help Viking? Read about it here. (Dec. 13)
• Instructions to post or reply. Read without logging in.
• General Arrange car-pooling, meet-ups, etc.
• Important Messages Last-minute changes or cancellations.
• Trail Conditions: Share your experiences.
• Equipment Exchange/Sale
You can read everything on the Forum without signing in, but to post, you must sign in. Instructions.